Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Lace Bowl!

I don't know if I've mentioned it on here, but I have been dying to make a lace bowl for the last 3-6 months (at least!). Yesterday at 11:00 AM, I used this doily from orientation 2011 (a long time ago) as my sacrificial lamb doily.
 I dipped it in liquid starch and draped it over this bowl (covered in saran wrap).
 The doily swelled up once starched and was kind of unwieldy, so I had to arrange it on the bowl
I removed the newspaper and saran wrap after 20 hours so that the excess starch wouldn't keep the edges of the bowl wet.
 
I lifted the bowl off the mould.
 Ta-da! The next picture is my favorite. Because it hangs downward, I used the bowl/newspaper interface to keep the scallops relatively even in height.

I love it!

BowL Love,
    Bow Girl

P.S. Many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment