Saturday, December 31, 2011

12 Resolutions for 2012

While both my sweater and peacock blanket are crochet projects, they are two very different mental exercises. My blanket is repetitive and mindless. I repeat the same simple pattern over and over, switch colors, and repeat. My sweater requires a lot of thought and creativity. Making up the pattern as I go requires constant judgement, etc. At least I can be my own mannequin. That makes things a lot easier.

Tonight is the last night of 2011, and thus resolutions come to mind. I make resolutions all year long, so I figured that I would spew a laundry list of my 11-ish resolutions of 2011 and add one for 2012. I already have a lot of stuff on my plate. Here goes nothing!

1. Exercise daily
2. Eat healthily
3. Be less judgmental
4. Appreciate others more often
5. Appreciate my body for what it is capable of and not knock it for its imperfections
6. To take time for myself more often/to crochet more often
Aside: I already crocheted over 1oo,ooo stitches this year, and that is a low estimate (panda, bows, blankets, table runner, animal ears, hats, scarves, etc. )Maybe I should just strive to crochet more than an hour a week? Concrete goals are more doable/measurable.
7. To only deliver high quality work
8. Evaluate my happiness at least once a month
9. To think more before I speak
10. To socialize more often
11. To ponder my spirituality

So what is my addition to this list?

12. To experiment more often, in crochet and in life, and to not be too hard on myself if such experimentation leads to a non-success (The only failure is complacency in my eyes).

I hope to return to regular blogging, if possible. I thoroughly enjoy the writing component. If not, I would write very rarely, and I love getting to look back at things.

Today I decided to experiment to get in the spirit of my new resolution.
It is pictured below.

This is an embellishment pattern by Robyn Chachula.

Bow Love!
-Bow girl

1 comment:

  1. I love the embellishment! Great work-- excellent choice of color.

    ReplyDelete