Friday, July 15, 2011

Being a nerd...

Before I reveal the R2D2 hat for Laura, I want to finish it. Thus, I will satisfy your nerd craving by posting some pics from my suite's Harry Potter costumes. I decided I wanted to pay tribute to good old Hedwig. We couldn't figure out who my friend Deb should be, so we said she should be Rita Skeeter. Literally, everything she is wearing is mine... skirt, shoes, shirt, and the blue Juliet cap I made a while back. Finally a use for it! And it just happened to go with the shirt. Such a win! It looks like such a cute fascinator on her if I do say so myself.
Smiling!
In character.


I made this triple stitch hat starting at 7 PM and finished around 9 PM. Now I have a new hat to go with this purple coat I bought off season for ~75% off! Double usage win.
Due to the fact that I established my Bowstravaganza to be kind of flexible, my bow terms and conditions state that I will wear a crocheted hair ornament at all times in public for a year, so I let the hat count. Yay for bow flexibility! Thus, I have not broken my bow bond.
I have good features for being an owl, according to... just about everyone. Beaky!

Harry Potter /double-usage bow love!

-Bow Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment