Friday, July 22, 2011

Confession and Photo Leakage

I have a confession to make... I have NEVER seen Star Wars. Ever. Not the old ones, not the new ones... I haven't read any books. Nothing.

So when I was asked to make and R2D2 hat, I was pretty scared. I thought that it was a robot... I guess I was slightly correct, even if that is not the proper name for R2D2, because I came up with a lot of images like this (below) on Google.


So the person requesting the hat bought me some yarn to make it, and I got working.

Since I am not quite done yet and I am stalled due to work/packing/life, I decided to leak some photos early.
The top of the hat.
My lab mate trying it on for size.
Side view.
Front view.

I think I am doing a pretty bang up job considering my lack of Star Wars knowledge. I didn't use a pattern. I just modeled it after pictures from the web. I hope this whets your whistle for now!

Bow Love,
Bow Girl!

1 comment:

  1. awesome job!! now go watch the movie, girl!

    ReplyDelete