Sunday, August 28, 2011

Trying out more thread lace patterns.

I am not a huge lace-making fan, because thread is so thin and difficult to work with sometimes. It also looks very loopy and I can't really tell what I am making or if I am following the pattern correctly until it is nearly finished. However, I picked this doily to make, and I think it is helping improve my technique.

This one seems to have managed to look decent. : )

I'm not sure what to do with it. Maybe put it on the back of my door? Who knows... I want to put it somewhere where it will be somewhat appreciated but not scrutinized, so maybe I should put it in public... I am always hard on myself when it comes to lace making, so I am glad to be even a tiny bit pleased. It was fun to make though, and thread is getting easier for me to work with the more I practice.

Bow Love,
Bow Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment