Thursday, October 6, 2011

SNAFU

So today at 1 am (basically, last night), I decided I wanted to finish my big doily for my birthday. Which is tomorrow.

I was working on it between classes a bit when someone noticed I had a light-up crochet hook. The actual hook part is see-through plastic. I told her I got it online, etc. when she inquired, and so I put it away and went off to class, happy to share the info with her so she, too, could possess a nifty light-up crochet hook.

Said crochet hook is my only 2.5 mm crochet hook. The ONLY hook that I have in the small size range appropriate for my doily. I opened by tool bag later on to see the plastic tip had snapped off. So annoying.

I always say that Susan Bates aluminum hooks are the best. Perhaps I should have preached to the myself instead of the choir. However, I figured I would try something new, since I like to think I am open-minded.

Long story short, I had to buy a hook on Jo-Ann's website, and now my doily will not be done for my birthday. Oh well.

Here it is as of now on a dark surface (so it can be appreciated better).

Quality crochet hooks are an important aspect of crocheting. Don't opt for the cheap plastic. Aluminum hooks are like... 50 cents more and they are much harder to break.

Practicality and doily love!

-Bow Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment