Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Going into business...

I am stalled in so many ways right now. I want to break through this brick wall that is halting my crochet progress (and every other aspect of my life too). I think I am shying away from anything other than school and extracurriculars at the moment. Kind of typical of me, I guess. I am craving a creative surge. I want to invent a new flower in my head so badly... I feel like I haven't done it in forever.

I was talking to a bunch of people recently about starting a(n Etsy) business. I honestly don't think it is a good idea right now. First of all, I don't want to have to put a time limit on things... Second of all, everything I make is obviously custom... Thus there is a lot of creative pressure. Third of all, lots of people already sell similar stuff. Also, I have been sleeping more lately, which has taken a lot of time away from my crocheting (as of right now the blanket and the giant doily are taking up most of my crocheting time).

I want to go into business in theory... I can't do it in practice. However if anyone ever wants something... feel free to let me know.

Notice: if you just say "I really like that!" or "I want one of those," do not expect me to make you something. "I want one" doesn't mean "Please make me a _______." I just take "I want one!" as a respectful form of admiration. If you want something you can message me privately and we can meet to design something and discuss colors, etc (I love the mental outlining process prior to making a bow).

Thanks and Bow Love,
Nicole, Bow Pattern Maker and Crocheting Instructor (Bow Girl)

No comments:

Post a Comment