Thursday, September 29, 2011

Update on Life

I have been bow free since Saturday night. It is strangely liberating not to have my head confined in a headband. I feel more sophisticated and more adult-ish, which is good considering I am going on 2 years of adulthood.

I feel as though my six months of bows, despite not being an entire year long bowstravaganza, was still immensely successful. I have blossomed a lot since I first put on a the orange rose on that first day of EnWeek. Pun only slightly intended.

I am at peace with so many things that I thought I would never be at peace with. And I thought that these gains were contingent upon me wearing a bow. When I took it off and saw that very little changed (and very few people could figure out what HAD changed other than me looking "really different"), I was glad to see that while my bows are fun and spunky and reflect my crocheting talents and zest for life, those qualities didn't fade when the bow came off.

I definitely want to wear bows a few times a week, but I think establishing myself as a serious, goal-oriented adult will be much less of a challenge now that I look more mainstream.

I am slowly chugging away on my crocheting projects. I just had some exams, homework, etc. that had been making crocheting an afterthought.

I also want to make my teddy bears overalls/jumpers at some point. I guess I am always a child at heart. Pictures to come soon!

Bow Love,
Bow Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment