Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm on the right track baby (I was born this way!)

I have been thinking a lot about blogging and NOT blogging. I think the stress of starting work and not seeing my friends in so long has made me feel a bit withdrawn. I have been eating so many meals alone it is kind of scary. I definitely want to find a partner/roommate/friend to cook with because a) I dislike eating out all the time (I know my father loves it, but it is getting so old), and b) I like companionship as much as the next person. I love where I live and I have lived here 9 months, but I can't wait to move into a building that isn't creepily empty. It's not the place I remember it to be when it was full of lively WUSTL kids, and I miss that! People made Lien an awesome home, not to say the building isn't top notch.

After LeaderShape, I have thought a lot about how I act and why I react the way I do, and I guess it is always good to focus on refinement, speaking more clearly and concisely, and being professional, etc.

I am loud and I am somewhat inarticulate...

But in the words of Lady Gaga's catchy new single, I WAS BORN THIS WAY! In a 2nd reference to that song, I feel as though blogging is the "right track" for me. When I am lonely or nervous or stressed or all three, I tend to pull away, but I think what I need more than anything is to share, speak up, and stay connected to people.

This is a bow I made tonight. I started out with a large medallion:
I thought it was okay, but maybe needed a little something more. I opted to make a 2nd medallion, but smaller.
Then I put them together for a little 3D action.
Also, tonight I wore my "biggest bow to date" (see earlier post) and realized how much bigger my bows have gotten over time. Funny how perspective is. A bow seems huge until the bows steadily start increasing in size, and then what used to be normal is much smaller than the new norm. This one is pretty big!

Bow Love! I am back regardless of whether or not the readers are because I am a sharer and I was BORN this way.

- Bow Girl

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, you are incredibly talented and your blog in awesome. Keep it up. I'll hopefully see you this summer. Hurray for research barbeques!

    -Ehi

    ReplyDelete