Monday, March 14, 2011

Days one and two (so far)

Happy Pi Day!

My first day as Bow Girl wasn't so dramatic. I have been wearing a bow everywhere for weeks, with the exception of one event where I had to wear white head to toe. I am making a white hair ornament later on to avoid that problem in the future. Thus, I waited until after I was 100% prepped to declare a year-long bow celebration, and day one was a great start. I spent the day with my family in beautiful weather and crocheted a lot! I wore an orange bow with my exercise outfit and a red bow for the rest of my day. I added a headband to my red rose prototype. It grew on me!

In no particular order:






Today was a bit more hectic, but fun. I went to the eye doctor. Not only are my eyes worse, but I am confined to my glasses for the week. I can put in my contacts for a few hours here and there, but it is recommended that I don't. Normally I am not so confident in my glasses, but I embraced the situation. I am never inclined to say, "Oh my gosh, I want to wear my glasses today!"
However, once clad in my glasses, I couldn't help but feel cute in them. Thanks bow! I am just deliciously nerdy today, and that is awesome. My bows help me say, "Hey world, this is who I am! I am cool with being deliciously nerdy, and if I can accept it, you can too!" I also ran many errands and exercised a bit, because what is a day without exercise? I am trying to forget there is such a thing as a day without ANY form of exercise. Brisk walks definitely count as exercise in my book, especially if you walk a couple of miles in the hills for 45 minutes to an hour. I like being in my home town in California because outdoor exercise is almost always an option.


Me being deliciously nerdy! Or so I hope! Bows make my feel 100 times cuter in my glasses.



I am going to start compiling a list of "bow wins," things that make my bows special or symbolic or helpful...

Bow Wins:
1) Confidence to rock my glasses
2) Not caring what other people think

Those are the two obvious ones for today! I think they are pretty important, so I will leave it at that.

More later, and eat some pi(e)!

Love,
Bow Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment