Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Day Five!

Dear Readers (if you exist),

Happy day five of my year long bowstravaganza! I came up with a new bow pattern for flowers involving a triple crochet stitch, and I think it finally did the trick in making my flowers look cute. Behold!



I also went to this novelty yarn shop that had everything a yarn athlete would ever want. I consider yarn crafts sports in their own right. Afghans are endurance events, flowers are sprints, but still... You DO have to be pretty nimble!

Here is my new yarn used in my new pattern. Admittedly, the yarn is three separated strands and is kind of hard to work with, but the end product made my day!




The yarn even looks pretty on the spool, like argyle! In all of my favorite colors. It was meant to be!

Today I saw some friends from high school, and I wore my two new flowers from the first picture in this post. I really felt alive today.

Bow wins:
6) Finding my perfect yarn. That yarn was MADE for me!
7) Feeling alive... I should try to feel like a living human being more often.

I am not going to get all philosophical... No worries.

-Bow Girls

1 comment:

  1. Your post reminded me of this:

    http://xkcd.com/220/

    :D

    ReplyDelete