Sunday, March 27, 2011

Snowing, Bowing, Frat Rowing...

Another pun-tastic rhyming title!

It started snowing on the Wash U campus. It felt and looked like January all over again. Seriously. But today is sunny and nice-enough out... 35 degrees can be quite pleasant without wind chill.

Last night I went to see the ICAC Midwest A Cappella finals where my cousin competed and won first place! Go family!

Friday night I went out to the frats for a bit, which was fun, but semi awkward. It was my first bow/frat experience. Usually I avoid bows at the frats. However, it was dark and everyone there (except for me and my friend) was pretty drunk.

Saturday night after the a cappella concert, I went to a party in Village East, the nicest housing at Wash U. Their kitchens are as big as any kitchen in a modest house, if not bigger. I wore a bow there too. The pink one that looks like a flower (not a rose). Someone complimented it. I have gotten some good compliments on the subtlety of my flat flowers. They don't stand out as being babyish as much as the normal bows can. Nothing wrong with being babyish, as long as you don't throw a tantrum (I don't, no worries).

Also on Saturday: I explained my bow theory on life to someone at the Bear's Den. They thought it was cool that I can tell what kinds of people I am dealing with based on their reaction to the bow. Although, not everyone openly reacts to it.

However, my bows help me to deal with social situations pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment