Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Two chemistry exams in two days

I had a chemistry exam today (It is after midnight, but I am still calling today Tuesday since I haven't slept yet) and a chemistry lab exam coming up tomorrow, but that has not gotten the best of me... yet. What did get my knickers in a bunch was when my little lime green bow detached from its headband. I fixed it in a hurry, but I need to legitimately mend it. It is weird how I won't let my real stresses get the best of me, but my bow nearly threw my stomach for a loop. I feel like the bow is a part of who I am now, and not just my persona. When I am not doing stellar in school, it is okay because I have dissociated my grades from myself as a person. You kind of have to at Wash U or else it can be too much to handle.
Smarts and grades and extracurricular involvement aren't really as big of a part of my identity anymore at Wash U. Everyone is a smart, overachieving, involved person. My bows are one of the few things I've ever gotten complimented on here. The thought of losing it, one of the only things that makes me special, and the thought of all of the work I put into making it just made me so upset.

Oddness...

No comments:

Post a Comment