Sunday, April 24, 2011

6 weeks and some inspiration...

When I first got started 6 weeks ago, I had just gotten my ears pierced (2nd lobe holes), and it is apparent in some of my earlier pictures (I think). Now I am able to take out the earrings. So I did. Then I put them back in. I like the ones that are in. I like having 4 identical earrings. It feels very me, so I think I am going to stick to the status quo. If it works and it's comfortable, why throw a wrench in the works?

Also, I wanted to revisit some of my inspiration from 6 weeks ago. I was browsing online, bored, wondering what else I could make when I stumbled upon some of the following images:


This look really can't be achieved with normal yarn, but the details are bow-tiful!

Some really cute flowers!
These use the type of headbands that cut into my head, but they are adora-bow nonetheless.
I still love this one. I also want to borrow that girls hair color. Forever. Her hair reminds me of one of my sorority sisters.

I didn't think I could make anything as nice as these things at first, back when I just made my original bow and one type of rose. Now I am much more prolific and I have so many more patterns I have invented. So funny how much changes in 6 weeks, and so weird how fast it all goes by.

Google images is a really neat place to find inspiration. I highly recommend it (and I also highly recommend using safe search in case your search has nothing to do with crocheting or bows).

42 days of bow love!

- Bow Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment