Sunday, April 10, 2011

Shopping spree and turning over a new leaf

I spent about 10 minutes in the yarn store and about 85 minutes driving. But I got 8 things of yarn and a new bag to contain it all! The bag was only $1.99 and reminds me of my bedspread back home, so I couldn't resist! Plus it perfectly fits all my old and new yarn!

New yarn spools: two blacks, two charcoal grays, a pink, a neutrally beige, a red, and a yellow.

Here is the bag! I love the script and how it says "craft, create, conserve."

I also made another yellow flower for one of the DUC workers who is leaving for the summer. I hope she likes it! I really like the yellow yarn. It is a different brand that has a really neat texture, and while I tend to be a Red Heart or Lion Brand fan, I really enjoy Lily Sugar 'n Cream, especially in such a springy color! Sugar 'n Cream, what a dream!


I really like the yellow. I have a bow to match almost everything I own now. I am usually not a black bow person, but I am starting with wearing black bows on the Wednesday following this one. I will try only to wear a black one when really necessary, but we will see. I guess I am turning over my black leaf?

Anyway, I have to go do actual work now.

- Bow Girl

1 comment:

  1. That does look like your bedspread at home! Beautiful yellow flower.

    ReplyDelete