Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sweater fail equals bow win!

Today I was going to make a sweater. I knew it would take a ton of time, but I am so close to finishing the beard hat that I decided I should take on a third project before I finished my first. Good idea for me? Never. If I do that with books, I will probably only finish 1 if any of the three. So I started making this sweater. I made about four rows, which took forever, and then I realized that that was just the front side of the sweater. I was getting bored fast.
Also, the sweater's sizing was not American sizing, because I realized the sweater was designed for someone whose bust was significantly larger than my hips. I tried on the front neckline as a headband and it nearly fit. I used a corset closure to cinch it shut and made it into a headband. I realized it was fate! I made a white flower last night but was too lazy to attach it to a headband, so I attached that too! This headband is great because it really can hold my hair back and is more decorative than just a simple chain. I am glad things worked out! Now I am back down to my panda and hat projects, and I have a neat new headband and bow!

And now the reveal...


Here is a detail shot of the headband part.


Bow love!

- Bow Girl

1 comment: